Creating DVD using Pinnacle Instantdisc

chrismuir 01:02 27 Nov 04

Hi

Have got a NEC DVD-RW (ND-2510A) as my D drive (CD-ROM 1 in Disk Management) and a Sony CD-RW as my E drive (CD-ROM 0 in Disk Management). I am using the Pinnacle software to make a data DVD to back up my files and the software won't allow me to write to the DVD. I select all the files I want to copy, and click on 'Write' and the only destination drive option I am given is the CD-RW.

In the projects section within Instantdisc, when I click on the DVD drive it says that 'the device is not ready' - regardless of whether a blank DVD is loaded or if the drive is empty. I bought some DVD-R's to use for data storage, do I need to format them before I use Pinnacle??

The DVD plays all discs fine, but I bought it so I could write my digital pics to DVD rather than lots of CD's. Any ideas?

MTIA

Chris

chrismuir 15:41 27 Nov 04

Is there any way within Windows XP to write to a DVD (like you can with a CD)to see if the problem is the DVD drive or the Pinnacle software? I can select files in Windows Explorer, right click and select 'send to' where I get the option of sending to the CD-RW drive, but the DVD-RW drive does not appear - does this mean I need to download some software (or drivers) for the DVD drive?

Any help please!!??

mattyc_92 16:25 27 Nov 04

I don't think there is a way in Windows for "writting to DVD" but are you aware of ANY other program on your system that may be using this drive as well. Also I have noticed that some DVD-Rs take a while for your system to notice the format, so try waiting for about 1 minute after inserting the disk to see if this is the case.

chrismuir 18:11 27 Nov 04

Don't think any other programs are using this drive - is there an easy way to find out?

When I open 'My Computer' with nothing in the drives, it shows the D drive as 'DVD-RW drive'. If i put a blank DVD-R in, the details change to 'CD drive' and the icon changes to a disc with DVD-R written on it so I guess it is recognising the DVD. What is confusing me is that the DVD-RW drive is not coming up in Instantdisc as a selectable destination drive, only the CD-RW is, which I don't want to use.

Chris

mattyc_92 18:49 27 Nov 04

Try deleting the drive, restarting system and re-installing the drive (windows should install the drive itself)

mattyc_92 18:51 27 Nov 04

Have you tried downloading "Nero 6" from click here You can use the software for about 30 days before having to buy a serial number!!!!! If Nero allows you to use your DVD-RW, then there is something wrong with your other program.

chrismuir 12:52 28 Nov 04

Downloaded Nero and all works fine now, must have been something with the Pinnacle software. Thanks for the advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant