Creating a DVD or CD of some JPEG wedding pictures

pompeyfc 00:15 20 Oct 03

I am trying to put together a self playing DVD or CD of my daughters honeymoon. Most of the pictures are Jpegs with a few Quicktime Movies thrown in for good measure, although these could be left out if necessary. Not being into photography in a big way, I wonder if anyone out there has done something like this before. The DVD or CD would need to run automatically on stand alone DVD players.

I would be grateful for any assistance.

woody 00:21 20 Oct 03

I load jpegs onto a cd - put in dvd and up shows a list of files - press play and i have a slide show of all the pics.
If you mean you also want to eliminate the chore of pressing play - i do not know how to do that on a dvd.

steve12345 02:28 20 Oct 03

You could try PowerProducer from one of the recent coverdiscs of PCAdvisor.

With it you can produce a VCD or SVCD of a jpeg-slideshow, although I had problems trying to get it to write a SVCD on my burner.

You can also make DVD or mini-DVD slideshows with it. Mini-DVDs are DVD quality video (or slideshow) on a CDR, but not all DVD players can play them.

Hope this helps.

stlucia 08:49 20 Oct 03

Sonic MyDVD, which came bundled with my DVD burner, allows you to create a "photo album" on a DVD (or CD), which I think is what you're wanting to do. It will run just like any shop-bought DVD, i.e. a menu screen comes up and then you press play. You pre-set the time you want each picture to display and, I think, you can override that using the normal DVD pause, forward, etc. controls when you're playing it on your TV.

I believe current versions of Roxio and Nero have the same features.

Stuartli 08:50 20 Oct 03

You can create a slideshow using Irfanview, which is free, and is a splendid all round viewer.

Once you have created the required sequence, you can save it to your HDD and then burn it to a CD or DVD. You can also set the amount of time each pic is displayed before moving on to the next one.

If you have Irfanview, or download it, don't forget to also download the plugins.

david4637 17:01 20 Oct 03

Can you please let us know the procedure for producing a slideshow with Irfanview, and what plugins do you need, because I would like to try it out? Thanks David

Kate B 17:16 20 Oct 03

You don't need any third-party software if you've got XP - it will do it for you.

Stuartli 17:40 20 Oct 03

It's all in the Irfanview Help file under Slideshow - that's what Help files are for...:-)

Stuartli 17:43 20 Oct 03

As Kate 8 rightly points out, if you have XP it can also be done from there - see Working with Pictures and Graphics in the Help and Support section.

I only mentioned Irfanview because it is such a superb utility.

pompeyfc 17:43 20 Oct 03

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions. I'm going to spend the next few days working through them.
Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…