//some 3rd party need geo

Creating a duel booting system

MIKE 16:00 17 Nov 03

I would like to add an additional H/D to my 3 year old Dell and to be able to duel boot between 98SE and xp professional. Windows 98SE is already loaded
A/ Is this easy to do

B/ I feel confident to fit a new second H/D but not to sure about the approach to setting up duel booting systems. Do any of you guys have any idea's

alan 2273 16:17 17 Nov 03

Try this click here

Chegs ® 16:22 17 Nov 03

If you search helproom for "dual and booting" there are two pages of ways to dual boot any windows with any other OS.I was looking for the excellent howto from FLECC which invariably resurfaces regularly(only not recently enough for the search box it seems...:-) as I couldn't locate it)

Diodorus Siculus 16:38 17 Nov 03

Read the above guides...
but in a nutshell:

boot from WinXP cd

choose to install XP

do an advnaced install

tell it the new drive letter

Follow instructions...

When you restart you will have the option to choose which OS to load.

It really is simple in your case.

Newuser38 18:45 17 Nov 03

click here this was the one Chegs was looking for. ( I went for Flecc in search)

Diodorus
Siculus gives a nice simple approach. It is not difficult MS also do a run through.

dfghjkl 19:20 17 Nov 03

adding to my postings,ta

MIKE 22:18 17 Nov 03

Hi Guys I don't know if this message came up earlier but just in case it got lost somewhere thanks for all your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…