CREATING DISC IMAGE WITH NERO

FIBREMAN 19:26 07 Apr 04

HI ALL I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME HOW TO CREATE A DISC IMAGE TO HARD DRIVE WITH NERO CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ANYTHING IN NERO TO DO THIS IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO THIS WITH NERO? HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP MANY THANKS.

woodchip 19:29 07 Apr 04

Not realy you need Drive Image software

TommyRed 20:06 07 Apr 04

I think you'll find you'll need imaging software like Norton Ghost, Poerquest Drive Image or Acronis True Image (which I use).HTH TR

keith-236785 21:04 07 Apr 04

in nero, close the wizard then on the menu, click file then scroll down to Burn HD Backup.

good luck though, i just tried it after a new install of XP, it said i needed 29cd's to back up a 2 gig fresh install (that can't be right but after burning one cd, it said insert disc 2 of 29 so i quit the backup and used a different cd writing software which backed my drive C onto 4 cd's.

arricarry 22:31 07 Apr 04

I think Nero calculates the total drive size regardless of total used before the backup is performed, but should be more realistic once in operation. I hope so because it just told me I need 53 DVDs to make a back up.

arricarry 22:32 07 Apr 04

That is with Nero 6 "Back it up"

woodchip 22:38 07 Apr 04

Yes that's how many disc's it uses as it back's up blank space

arricarry 22:45 07 Apr 04

Clicked the disc compression box and now it's only 2 DVDs, about right for 7.9 gigs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…