creating desktop short-cuts in Firefox-?how?

p;3 08:45 21 Apr 05

have Win 98se IE6 and Firefox;need some web pages shortcutted to desktop in Firefox that are already bookmarked in FF, but cannot see how to get them on to the desktop. any ideas please?

byraway 09:44 21 Apr 05

Right click on the page you are interested in, select "Save Page As" and save to the desktop.

Stuartli 09:46 21 Apr 05

Even easier - and the proper way - is to drag and drop the icon which precedes the URL in the address bar onto your Desktop (or Bookmarks folders if you wish).

p;3 11:58 21 Apr 05

thanks::)) I"ll play with that later when more time available; work now becons::((

p;3 19:25 22 Apr 05

the suggestion at 0946 above; how do you do that with the web page still open?

VoG II 19:28 22 Apr 05

In Firefox click the Restore Down button (between the _ and the X) and make the window smaller so that you can see a bit of your Desktop. Then drag 'n drop.

p;3 19:35 22 Apr 05

( I am strongly asking myself if this is really worth the effort)

Stuartli 19:47 22 Apr 05

Your name isn't Prince Charles by any chance...:-)

What's so hard about dragging and dropping an icon onto the Desktop?

ton 23:06 22 Apr 05

If Firefox is your default browser it is easy to create a shortcut on your desktop to a webpage.

Open the webpage with Internet Explorer, right click to make a shortcut.

Close IE and click the shortcut icon and you will find that Firefox will open the page.

As I said at the start, Firefox must be set as default browser for this to work.

VoG II 23:09 22 Apr 05

" ( I am strongly asking myself if this is really worth the effort)"

What effort??

EdFrench 00:10 23 Apr 05

One way is to make sure that 'Favorites' is shown in your 'Start menu' - Go to Folder options and enure that Firefox is set to open all instances of HTML files - Drag your shortcut from Favorites onto your desktop. (After selecting -Start - favorites, at the start button.)
I found that this would not work with Firefox 1.0 but does work with 1.0.3.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…