Creating custom CDs

CFBUK 07:30 09 Jun 03

I have two questions really -
1) I would like to create a custom CD of classical music for my uncle who is ill. I have a Sony Vaio running XP and am unsure how to go about it, do I need to use Nero or something similar. Do I copy music to my hard disc and then to the CD and if so in what form (mp3,.wav etc) do I need it.
2) I have been given a PDA which can play MP3 files - how do I transfer them from my hard drive to the PDA
Thanks in advance for the help

-pops- 07:59 09 Jun 03

You do need Nero or similar. You can download a 30 day fully functional trial from click here

While you're there, download the Nero manual and/or the users guide click here which will tell you all you need to know and more!

Good luck with it!

Pesala 10:37 09 Jun 03

Not having a PDA myself, I assume that they use RAM rather than a CD or minidisk, in which case you would transfer the MP3 files via a USB lead. Instructions should come with the PDA.

In RealOne Player there are options to add support for devices such as a Sony Walkman.

Someone will soon come along who knows what you need to do. Meanwhile, you could post back details of your specific device, and check if you have an USB lead with it, or if it is a minidisk or CD player.

-pops- 11:09 09 Jun 03

My reply was in response to the first query made by CFBUK. It remains true that to produce an audio CD you need Nero or similar. The "similar" could be the CD burner intrinsic withing XP but there is no doubt that CD burning software is required.

Real Player introduces unnecessary complexities to the scenario as do Walkmen and minidisk players.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…