creating a connection hi i have a network ov 4 wir

chippy+ 19:41 08 Jun 10

hi i have a network of 4 wired and 2 wireless pc's all are networked and working the network is also working with my wife's laptop the question i would like to ask is when she is using the laptop with no access to the internet she cannot get a connection do we have to buy a data dongle and pay extra from virgin who i am with at home or can i do something with a spare wireless router
Chippy

onthelimit 09:20 09 Jun 10

Nor sure I understand the question. You say 'the network is also working with my wife's laptop', then go on to say 'she cannot get a connection'. Could you expand a bit, please.

chippy+ 10:43 09 Jun 10

hi onthelimit thanks for the reply sorry about the mix up it is when my wife takes her laptop away from the house where there is no internet connection, i know i can buy a usb with so many gig but i have to pay virgin exra for that, i have a spare wireless router could that be set up to use in a hall where she has a meeting thanks Chippy

tullie 11:40 09 Jun 10

No.What ISP is she intending to connect to?

chippy+ 11:50 09 Jun 10

hi tullie i am with virgin media ( ntl world )the router is a wireless g that i had before i got an n router thanks Chippy

onthelimit 12:12 09 Jun 10

If she is away from home, the only option (unless she is near a WiFi hotspot in a hotel or cafe etc) is to pay loadsamoney for a mobile connection through a dongle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…