Creating buttons

Billy911 02:23 26 Nov 04

Which program do I need to create buttons like the ones on click here ? I have Macromedia Studio MX.

mac_gyver 10:30 26 Nov 04

Macromedia Fireworks will do it. It will allow you to add the scripting to make the menus pop up if needed.

mac

Billy911 16:13 26 Nov 04

Thanks mac_gyver. Would I have to start from scratch or are there button templates I could start with?

Taran 17:50 26 Nov 04

Fireworks allows you to apply a pop-out menu to any graphic.

You could start with a simple image or a complex one, slice it or add hotspots to it, then add a pop-out menu to your slices/hotspots.

You should be advised that the code generated by Fireworks, although it works beautifully, results in an annoying browser warning to people using Internet Explorer with the latest updates applied (XP SP2).

Look in the Fireworks help files for full destructions on adding slices, hotspots and pop-out menus.

A quick search online will take you to any amount of free to use images for websites. It doesn't take too much effort though, to create your own.

Billy911 19:20 27 Nov 04

Great. Thanks Taran.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…