Creating buttons

Billy911 09:47 30 Jun 04

I have Studio MX but do not know which program to use to create buttons (ie, Dreamweaver, Fireworks or Flash). Anyone know?

Taran 11:25 30 Jun 04

Fireworks is the norm, but to add to your confusion you can also use Flash.

Dreamweaver has a bunch of buttons built in. Create a new page, save it (adding buttons won't work unless you save the page first) then select Insert, Media, Flash Button.

To create your own you can use the drawing tools in Flash to make objects then animate them (a grossly oversimplified explanation) or in Fireworks you can create images or slice existing photographs and make button states where the button changes depending on whether the mouse is hovering over it or not.

Some tutorials for you to try:

click here

click here

click here

Gaz 25 02:14 01 Jul 04

Can you tell me what to do here...

Since its regarding Fireworks! ;-)

Fireworks annoys me - although its a good program but it OVERWRITES my flaming file extension assignments for image files. Ghrrr, and it wont let me change them back, without uninstalling.

Tried Tools > Folder Options > File Types.

No joy, locked! :-o

Dreamweaver has done simalar, I asked it not to assign to PHP files - what has it done? Assigned to them, but although I can change them back - messes the icons up - they still show Dreamweavers icon even though opened with now a new program. Ghrrr.

+ It shows PNG file under neath it. Oh and PNG files are also acc. to Dreamweaver - which it fails to open becuase they are image files not PHP files.

Messed up. Hate fireworks, and dreamweaver just a tad.

Great programs underneath though.

Billy911 22:50 01 Jul 04

Thanks for the advice. Can't wait to try the tutorials.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…