Creating blind copies of email

at 21:01 23 Jan 03
  at 21:01 23 Jan 03

How can I set up my outlook to receive blind copies of email of another user. The thing is I want to be able to see the emails -external and internal- of one employee when I open up my outlook.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

tondo

interzone55 21:14 23 Jan 03

As far as I'm aware it can't be done, and it's also probably illegal.

If you run a network, your network admin guy (or girl) can probably get access to the employee's account.

DieSse 22:49 23 Jan 03

click here

But you must check on the legality of this in the UK - I don't know.

Forum Editor 23:43 23 Jan 03

It shouldn't be necessary to snoop on an employee in this fashion, and I would caution you most strongly against attempting it.

What you propose to do would be considered an invasion of the employee's right to privacy, and may well constitute an infringement of the person's human rights. Article eight of the Human rights act states that "Everyone has the right to respect for their private and family life, their home and their correspondence."

The Institute of management generally supports this view, and has said that "...... unauthorised vetting of e-mails and phone calls, could be considered an invasion of privacy, even if employees are thought to be sending personal messages through company lines."

My advice to you is - don't do this unless you have very strong grounds. It's far better to lay down clear guidelines about company email policies for employees to follow. If you subsequently suspect that an individual is abusing the guidelines you are perfectly entitled to check, but you must make it clear that you will be doing so. After all, what you want to achieve is a happy office environment, with contented staff - not an office full of resentful and secretive people.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…