Creating an Acronis image.

Meshuga 19:56 15 Dec 04

I have created an acronis true image of my C drive and thought I had sent it to my external USB hard drive F, instead of which it has appeared on the C drive. How do I get it on to F drive as backup or remove it from C drive. This is the first time I have used acronis so am very unsure how to use it. Meshuga.

Jeffers22 19:58 15 Dec 04

drag and drop?

JoeC 19:58 15 Dec 04

in the Acronis Secure Zone on your C drive ?

Meshuga 20:03 15 Dec 04

How do I find the secure zone please.

Meshuga 20:32 15 Dec 04

Have tried drag and drop but it won`t let me, says that something else is using it and to turn it off and try again. Trouble is, I don`t know what might be using it.

€dstowe 20:33 15 Dec 04

Please don't misunderstand this but, Acronis True Image has a comprehensive manual either on the website or in the Help files with the program. I would suggest you read this. It tells all you need to know about using Acronis and setting up Secure Zone, boot discs and everything there is to know about it.

JoeC 20:36 15 Dec 04

Acronis, look at the left side and you should see " Manage Acrnis Secure Zone ". If you have such a zone, this allows you to resize / delete etc. If you use Create Image, one of the locations you are offered is the Secure Zone ( which will be created for you if necessary ) This is normally where your image is put unless you specify CD drive, or other drive.

Meshuga 20:41 15 Dec 04

You are dead right Edstowe,never thought of the obvious. Will look it up. Many thanks. Meshuga.

Meshuga 20:51 15 Dec 04

Many thanks to all , will put this on hold until I`ve studied the Manual, Which I should have done first. Regards,Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…