Creating a 5Ghz/2.4Ghz network using 3 routers.

Throttleup 19:44 30 Jun 10

Hi,

On my network I have 3 devices. The master device is a 2008 Airport Extreme (5Ghz capable but not dual band), an Airport Express and a Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N.

Basically I'm trying to use the 2 Apples to create a 5Ghz only network and connect the G300N via an ethernet port on the Airport Extreme to create the 2.4Ghz.

I've disabled DHCP on the Buffalo and it has created the network successfully. However, trying to connect to the settings via 192.168.11.1 it just times out. When connecting my iPhone to the network it connects, gains the IP address etc and then drops back to the phone data. The Buffalo has DD-WRT software on it.

And now I'm out of ideas and don't know how to fix it. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

mgmcc 20:19 30 Jun 10

>>> However, trying to connect to the settings via 192.168.11.1 it just times out.

When trying to access the Buffalo's configuration pages, does the computer's network adapter have an address in the same Subnet, i.e. a 192.168.11.x address?

Other than that, I cannot follow what you're actually trying to do. :-(

Throttleup 20:22 30 Jun 10
  Throttleup 20:23 30 Jun 10

And also, no - my Apple Extreme has 10.x subnet.

Resetting the router seems to work but I'm still not having much luck. Going mad!

mgmcc 20:30 30 Jun 10

>>> my Apple Extreme has 10.x subnet

Having disabled DHCP, if you want to access the Buffalo's configuration pages, you will have to connect to it directly by ethernet cable and manually configure the computer's TCP/IP settings with a 192.168.11.x IP address and Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

Throttleup 21:05 30 Jun 10

Thanks but I'm biting the bullet and buying a dual band capable. Can't be fussed trying to stare at this for hours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…