Create webpage from Access Database

Sir Radfordin™ 22:45 03 Jan 03
  Sir Radfordin™ 22:45 03 Jan 03

Having tried to get my head round this and so far failed I thought I'd share the problem with you.

I've got an Access database that is changed by someone who knows very little about computers. The data that is in this database needs to be put onto a website.

I don't however want to be running a database driven site (if it can be avoided). Is there an easy way to extract the info from the table to create a simple HTML document?

One thing that may prove a futher stumbling block is that the databse contains a URL to the image source and not the image!

Any ideas?

jazzypop 22:58 03 Jan 03

Can you query the Access databse from within Excel, then save / publish the Excel sheet as HTML? This assumes that you are using Office XP - earlier versions were less than reliable when it came to HTML.

Not too sure how that will handle the image source, though.

Sir Radfordin™ 23:04 03 Jan 03

Jazzypop

I see what you are thinking and have tried in a similar vain to get where I want to go. Problem with this approach is there doesn't seem to be an easy way to format the page once created.

A nice mail merge idea would be good!

jazzypop 23:09 03 Jan 03

MSWord can certainly query an Access database, and the HTML output now is pretty good - although I think the Excel layout tools are OK, too :)

Sir Radfordin™ 23:11 03 Jan 03

Too late to be thinking about this one!

Think a massive crash course in XML is going to be needed!

Have got a template I could use but there doesn't actually seem to be any XML code in it!

eugh!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…