Create VCD for Sony DVD Player

HighTower 11:55 12 May 03

My Sony DVD player can apparently play VCD's, but when I try to create them using Nero or other software the player cannot find the disk and tells me there is not one present!

Anyone any ideas?

mixtrix 12:08 12 May 03

What version of nero are you using and also is it nero express or just normal nero burning rom you are using to create cd's??

HighTower 13:30 12 May 03

Thanks for reply, it's version 5.5 (I think!)

siouxah1 15:54 12 May 03

HighTower,

Does your player read CDR? See here for compatibility.

click here

When you are burning VCDs with Nero do you get the full complement of files burnt to disk?

There should be about five of them plus your video file.

Regards Brian j

bowman 16:48 12 May 03

It will depend on the make of Sony DVD player you have? Mine is Sony DAV S300 and it will only play VCD made with a CD-RW disk. If I use CD-R then I get the 'NO Disk' error the link from siouxah1 is a good one and will show you what your DVD player is capable of using.

I've made VCD with Nero for my sony player and had no problems?

Hope this helps.

HighTower 17:34 12 May 03

I'll check the model number when I get home, thanks for your advice and the links.

I do get lots of files and folders when I burn the CD, and I think it worked on my computer through PowerDVD player. I'll try the CDRW route and see how that goes.

Thanks again.

HighTower 12:34 22 May 03

Sorry for delay in reply. Just tried out your solutions, CDRW works perfectly, so I suppose it depends so much on the brand of the disk.

Thanks to all for your posts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…