Create recovery cd for system restore / backup

CLONNEN 20:13 17 Aug 04

Is there a simple way of creating my own system restore cd similar to the one Time Computers sell with their PCs. I just have to place the system restore disc in the cd drive and then reboot the computer to reinstate the PC to its factory settings.

I want to create a cdrom which will do the same thing on my other computer. What kind of software do I need to use?

My computer is running Windows ME operating system.

CLONNEN 21:03 17 Aug 04

Do I need Disk Imaging software?

I have Norton Ghost 2002 but I am not sure whether it is suitable for backing up to CDRs.

Also I am not at all familiar with how to use Ghost. Instructions would be appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:47 17 Aug 04

Ghost tutorial click here

woodchip 21:55 17 Aug 04

As above, or You can use Drive Image, or Acronis True Image, Both these program's, Images are loaded by using the Rescue disc's and the Image CD's that you create. The difference is that Acronis can be mounted in Explorer so that you can see it just like another drive and can copy a single file from the image if needed. Then you unplug the drive in explorer, when you have done with it.

powerless 21:58 17 Aug 04

Backup Image Browser - DI7

woodchip 22:09 17 Aug 04

Thank's as Prefer DI but only got the free version for 98, and use Acronis free on XP but prefer DI

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…