Create a password for Outlet Express

Topo 21:24 24 Apr 03

I have agreed to let other members of my family use my PC which is running on windows 98
I do not however wish them to be able to access Outlet Express for reasons of confidentiality.
Is there any way in which I can ensure that OE, which contains all of my private mail, can only be opened if a password known only to me is first typed in

Nellie2 21:35 24 Apr 03

Go to file, Identities, manage identities then properties and you can input a password there. But once Outlook express has been opened, if you close it then it will re-open without requiring the password unless the computer has been rebooted. Also, if you boot into safe mode then Outlook Express will just open without asking for the password

hellred 21:42 24 Apr 03

you create a new identity for each of them and they will then have to log on and log off the outlook express program, all of them will have a password if you want.

this works like this:
you get each member his own e-mail address
you create folder for each of them
you set up rules to move the messages to the correct folder

hellred 21:45 24 Apr 03

You will need Outlook and create a different Profile for everyone and if you forget to shut the program down, anyone opening will be able to read your mail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…