create MS-DOS partition to install win 98

Young Ranger 14:49 20 Jul 04

I have removed XP from a friends PC to replace it with Win 98 (The pc didn't have enought disk space to run XP and the programmes that he has).

When I try to install win 98 I get a message telling me to create an MS-DOS partition. I presume this is because XP uses the NTFS system although before deleting XP I thought I had seen that it was using FAT32.

How do I create the necessary partition?

TomJerry 15:31 20 Jul 04

If only more space is needed, £30 can get him a 40GB HDD click here

Young Ranger 18:51 20 Jul 04

Thanks, that seems to being doing the job.

TomJerry - I agree but he dosn't want to spend the money. It's much cheaper for me to do it for free.

Valvegrid 18:56 20 Jul 04

This site maybe of help, there's also an application on this site that you can download called DELPART.EXE it will remove all types of partition if you can't do it with FDISK.

click here

Young Ranger 19:07 20 Jul 04

I forgot to say that I had already tried fdisk using the boot disk but got various error messages. Not having a lot of experience doing this I thought it must be something else and hence the question.

ßéLâIs post confirmed that I was right so I then changed the BIos to boot from CD which then gave me the option to boot using CDROM support. That worked without any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…