create a file association

Dopey74 15:20 15 May 10

Sometimes when I recieve an attachment by e-mail and try to open it a window pops up and says it cannot open this file, create an association in the folders option colomn in control panel. I don't know what that means.

onthelimit 15:29 15 May 10

Is it a Word document and you don't have Office?

VoG II 15:29 15 May 10

Perhaps click here

wiz-king 15:32 15 May 10

Right click on the attachment and a box will open and give you a choice of programs to try to open the file.
You may have to look on the internet to find out what type of file you have been sent (the last three or four letters after the .) eg .doc is almost certainly a Word file and will open in a word processing program or in notepad.

rawprawn 15:32 15 May 10

Try Right Click on the file in question and select open with, then choose an option such as Word if its a text file, ot Windows Media if it's vdeo

onthelimit 15:32 15 May 10

If it is as I suspected, you can use this click here to read/print it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:33 15 May 10
  Dopey74 19:59 16 May 10

Thank you all for your replies, but not being very computer literate I feel I must be doing something wrong.
When I right click on the attachment it only says open and not open with, I also unchecked the box for hide file extensions and to answer onthelimit yes I have Office and no I dont know if the file is in WORD it does end .pps if thats any help. in anticipation jubby

johnnyrocker 20:02 16 May 10

it is a power point presentation

johnny

VoG II 20:11 16 May 10

.pps is a Powerpoint presentation and you need to follow click here as previously posted.

VoG II 20:13 16 May 10

Sorry, bad link click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now