create dvd movies faster from other formats

morefire 03:18 03 Oct 07

Here is one for the techies

I know that the computer specs are a common factor when it comes to creating dvd movies from file formats such as avi mpeg etc.

Im currently running a computer spec:
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 4000
Memory: 1GB DDR2 6400
HDD: 80GB Maxtor (IDE)
graphics: Onboard 128mb shared
burner: sony 18x with nero 7 reloaded

Currently it takes me 2hrs to create a movie from an avi file of 700mb (roughly about 2 hrs) using nero movie creator. it converts the file and then burns it to disk.

I would like to know if there is any way i can increase the speed of creating my movies, whether its trying different softwares, or upgrading any parts of my hardware.

im also interested in upgrading my HDD from IDE to S-ATA in a raid combination, if that would speed up things.

Any response is much appreciated.

€dstowe 07:49 03 Oct 07

A general rule is that quality is inversely proportional to speed of production - that is the faster you make you movie the more likely it is for it to either be poor quality (dropouts, sound lagging etc.) or refuse to work.

2 hours is quite a good time. When I began doing DVD work a 1GB movie would take overnight to render into a DVD format and be written to disk.

Having said that, it may help if you had a larger hard drive - video rendering uses a lot of drive space and you may find as well that different processing software may be better. WinDVD Creator is good an a fully functional trial is available click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…