create cd-r disks from wmf files

krisspy 22:56 21 Aug 03

Hi all
another stupid question but does anybody know of a freeware/shareware prog that I can use to burn a movie created using windows movie maker to a CD-R disk so it can be viewed on my DVD player.
The file in question is 1.01gig as it stands so I guess I will need to compress it.
I have a multi format CDR drive at present and have been unable to accomplish the above so far.
do I have to buy a DVD RW drive to achive my goal!
Sorry to be long winded but just asking
Cheers

Ironman556 23:03 21 Aug 03

Don't know of programs to convert, but if you have Nero or Adaptec CD writing Software you may be able to write VCD's. Most DVD players will play VCD's. The quality isn't as good as you'd get on a DVD disc, but it means you can write films to CDR's.

siouxah1 23:28 21 Aug 03

Have a look here. click here

Then if you have further queries post back. I would assume that you have produced a file in .avi format.

Tpmgenc is a freeware encoder to compress to VCD,SVCD see the link above.

Regards Brian j

krisspy 23:44 21 Aug 03

Thanx peeps will try the above and reply back
Krisspy

Chegs ® 23:50 21 Aug 03

The site listed above isn't working now,but there is this one that does(Think its the same site just US based) click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…