Create and Burn SVCD

Bagsey 16:44 28 Aug 05

I have very little knowledge of how to do this. I want to be able to create SVCDs that will play on my DVD stand alone machine. Can anyone explain what I need to do this.Software etc.preferably freeware. I have Nero which I use to burn CDs and it will burn VCDs but my DVD player wont play them. Apparently according to the manual it wil play SVCDs. Help please in short words. Thanks

Bagsey 18:10 28 Aug 05

Sans le Sou 18:22 28 Aug 05

Nero 6 will make SVCDs, not sure about the quality of output though. Funny that your machine will not play VCDs.

stalion 18:28 28 Aug 05

load nero select cd scroll along the headings until you come to svcd bring up the screen and select the files you want to burn.Any files not compatible nero should be able to re-encode it can with mpeg2.svcd is better quality than vcd

siouxah1 18:30 28 Aug 05

If you do not want to use Nero try here for info on Authoring and availability of programs.

click here

woodchip 19:12 28 Aug 05

Ulead Photo Explorer 8 Creates Slide and video SVCD

Bagsey 20:49 28 Aug 05

My Nero 5.5 does not do SVCDs unfortunately only vcd or at least I have not found the setting in the wizard. So being not keen on spending cash to update Nero I need something else that will do the job.

siouxah1. Thanks for that link, there is serious reading there.

Sans le Sou. I have wasted a good number of CDs trying to make a disc that will play on my standalone machine but so for have failed but I am willing to have the error of my ways pointed out. It is a DVD+RW recorder. Am I not doing something that I should.???

woodchip. I will have a look at Ulead. I tend to use Pinnacle for my video work because I have used it for so many years, but I can change.

Thanks for your guidance.

woodchip 20:58 28 Aug 05

There are lots of ulead programs. I said Photo Explorer 8 click here

Bagsey 21:30 28 Aug 05

I down loaded the program from your link and installed it only to find that it was a 15 day trial version and does not handle SVCD. Thanks anyway

woodchip 22:03 28 Aug 05

it does do svcd you first create a disc contents by clicking on the slidshow in menu then open the files and drag on to the slideshow window at the bottom then you can click on the create disc that opens another window to svcd

woodchip 22:05 28 Aug 05

In the Slideshow window menu is a Icon for burn slidshow

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…