Create bootable disc with acronis.

Meshuga 18:54 29 Mar 07

I am trying to create a bootable disc usin acronis TI Home version 10. I have tried, using Packard Bell CD-RW discs and TDK CD-R80 discs and each time, when the progress bar gets near the end, it stops and a message appears saying "Bad Media try a different media" All these discs are new. Anyone any idea why this should happen please an how to overcome it. My OS is XPhome sp2.

skidzy 18:57 29 Mar 07

Could be that you drive is fussy Meshuga,sadly this is a common occurence...me included.

skidzy 18:59 29 Mar 07

Funny you mention TDK CD-R80's i have a 50 spindle here unopened...now going to try them.QD special discount pack ha ha...will let you know how i get on with them.

anskyber 19:03 29 Mar 07

Can't help but I hope you had a great birthday yesterday. (89) You obviously did wake up to find you are still here!

Meshuga 19:03 29 Mar 07

Thanks skidzy, would it serve the same purpose if I created a bootable disk on to an external hard drive. Would it boot from there? I`m new to acronis so don`t know much about it.

anskyber 19:08 29 Mar 07

I forgot to ask, when wishing you a happy birthday, did you download Acronis or buy the disc? If you bought the disc it is bootable and you do not need the create one.

skidzy 19:09 29 Mar 07

Little belated Meshuga,Happy Birthday for yesterday.

Just used the same discs here and fine,though i know that does not help you much...sorry.

If you have a cd/dvd lens cleaner disc,try it and see if it improves.

Best thing is create the image in Acronis TI and save to the external drive,sorry a little new to TI10,came through today and now need a new external drive myself...(hence my thread in the helproom)..as long as your bios will boot from the external drive,you should be fine.

cocteau48 19:11 29 Mar 07

When I tried the trial version I created a bootable disk on on a IMITATION CD-R80 with no problems.
I then bought the prog (from Amazon) and the installation disk is also the boot disk - better,I think,than paying for a download direct from Acronis themselves.

Technotiger 19:12 29 Mar 07

Hi, try different blank cdr, or perhaps laser in CD might need cleaning, have you got a cleaning cd to run in drive - cost a couple of quid at most from any pc outlet. I clean mine regularly - especially important if anyone in the house is a smoker, which I am not! The bootable disk needs to be a CD, not on a hard-drive.

Meshuga 19:13 29 Mar 07

Hi anskyber, Yes, had a great day yesterday. Lady friend took me out to dinner at a local riverside pub. And,as you said, I did wake up and found that I was still here. I intend to go on doing it as long as possible too. Regards, Meshuga.

skidzy 19:13 29 Mar 07

Am i correct:

though the disc is bootable,you still need the image backup from another source to rescue a distressed system.

Im new to Acronis,only ever used the version 7 (downloaded) and that failed everytime.
So im watching every post at the moment regarding ATI 10

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017