crazybargains.org

azim 10:51 29 Apr 05

Hi, I've been getting a constant barrage of spam from crazybargains.org into my bulk folder.
I am with yahoo.com and in the mail options I blocked the senders address at [email protected]. This worked however they keep changing the first part of the address so I have to block each one seperatel! I've had:

[email protected] [email protected]
[email protected]
etc, etc, etc ...

Is there any way to stop this???

pj123 11:16 29 Apr 05

I was told by a friend to edit my Block Senders list and delete everything up to and including the @ sign. Just leaving the second part. Which I have done. That is also the way Hotmail suggests as well. Give it a try.

Wak 11:24 29 Apr 05

Hi Azim, Is it possible to use a Wild card in your Rules for incoming mail??
A question mark (?) replaces any single letter whereas an asterisk (*) replaces any whole word or series of letters.
Try a rule using the asterisk which blocks [email protected] and it may stop anything and everything with the ending of @crazybargains.org.

pj123 11:26 29 Apr 05

Should have added: Make sure you don't block domain names from who you do get genuine emails, for example hotmail.com, ntlworld.com etc or you won't be able to receive these emails.

azim 11:26 29 Apr 05

Thanks alot pj123, I'll try that.

azim 11:28 29 Apr 05

thanks for the tip wak

Indigo 1 11:39 29 Apr 05

Or better still report them to your ISP by forwarding them to [email protected] isp.com they love to hear about spammers and can really help a lot especially if you send everything to them every day over a period of weeks I can guarantee they can and will sit up and take action.

Works for me..

Yoda Knight 13:08 29 Apr 05

Haha, that method sounds like fun !

I have an email address that ONLY recieves spam (around 200 messages a day !)- I wonder what reaction I'd get if I set up a rule to automatically forward all emails from this account to [email protected].. :)

Indigo 1 15:19 29 Apr 05

Only one way to find out !

They will sit up and take notice if you are persistent, after all it's YOU who pays for their services right ?

It really does work but don't expect instant results, as I said, it pays to be persistent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…