Crazy Keyboard?

denali 12:24 15 Oct 03

Would someone be kind enough to tell me what has gone wrong with my keyboard?

My @ key now only works when I use the colon key and vise-versa. I've tried three different keyboards and have the same problem. I would really like to fix it but am equally interested to know how it happened. I can only assume it is a software problem. I am running Win98. Many thanks

Denis

expertec 12:29 15 Oct 03

sound like a software problem, unless it's the keyboard controller on the motherboard :-(

expertec 12:30 15 Oct 03

Have you tried re-installing Windoze

denali 12:45 15 Oct 03

Expertec: Thank you for your response. I have

re-installed to no avail.

If there is a motherboard problem can it be fixed?

I'm afraid I am a little naive in these matters!

Denis

pj123 13:16 15 Oct 03

Two things you could try. 1. go to Start, Settings, Control Panel, Keyboard, Language and make sure it is set to English (British) and then 2. go to Regional Settings and make sure it is set to Regional Settings English (United Kingdom). Now reboot you computer.

PA28 14:13 15 Oct 03

I think you'll find that pj123 is spot on here and this should fix you. Don't forget that if you have Word Processors with spellchecks, these must also be set to an English UK dictionary (unless you are particularly fond of what the USA has done to our language!).

denali 16:18 15 Oct 03

Thank you all for your valuable help.
I did as you said PJ123 and it worked in seconds.
I have also amended my word processor.

Can't thank you all enough

Denis

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…