Crawler Toolbar

rawprawn 18:27 11 Jul 07

I installed this together with Spyware Terminator Beta, and decided that it wasn't for me. I uninstalled the Crawler, but find that it is still showing in the toolbar context menu. I have run WinAso and CCleaner to no avail. Any ideas as to how to delete "Crawler Toolbar" from the context menu in Toolbar.
I don't really want to use system restore because I have just installed Roboform Pro and just finished adding all the logins.

Coff 18:48 11 Jul 07

Have a look in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt. If it's not there you should be able to remove it using ToolbarCop click here (famous last words!)

beynac 18:52 11 Jul 07

You could remove it with HijackThis. Obviously, only do this if you are confident that you are ticking the right line.

click here

afish 19:02 11 Jul 07

Not to sure about your meaning of(menu in toolbar) but if as per norm when you right click mouse and look at items in the context menu i would go about it as follows.

The easiest way to remove unwanted items like these is to edit the Registry yourself.

The usual advice about backing up the Registry before you begin apply here. Once done, make a note of the exact text which appears in the offending menu entry, then type REGEDIT in the Start Menu's Run dialog box.

Use the Find function in the Edit menu to search for the exact text string that appears when you right-click on something. When you find the entry you're looking for, right-click it in the Registry Editor and delete it. Next, use the [F3] key to search for more occurrences - the Context-Menu entries are likely to appear regularly throughout the Registry.

rawprawn 19:16 11 Jul 07

Thanks guys, I have got rid of it using regedit/find/find next and deleting all references.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now