crashs

Bappa 11:55 16 Nov 03

I have a P4 2.4 40gig 512 memory 128mb dvd+cd-writer. My problem whenever I'm playing games like
C&C generals+zero hour, F1 manager, Vietcong,CM4
my PC just crashs , reboots and returns to the desktop as if nothing has happens. This is ongiong problem. Yes, have updated my drivers but no luck. Question is this a hardware or software
problem. I need help. Thank you

rickf 11:57 16 Nov 03

Need more info like OS and graphics card in use.

critic-al 12:16 16 Nov 03

it could be over heating problem!
you could try...the first thing to do is up your video aperture size. Hopefully, you have a decent enough motherboard that your BIOS allows you to up your aperture size. When you boot, at the logo screen, press the Delete key (not to be confused with backspace). If this doesn't take you to your bios, then look in your motherboard manual to figure out how to get to your BIOS. go to chipset settings or something similar, and up your graphics aperture to double your video card size to double your card memory size (IE, if you have a 64 megabyte card, use a 128 MB video aperture setting). Then save the changes, and reboot.

if this doesn't solve your problem, i would have to say that either your video card or CPU is overheating (more likely the CPU). If you have a motherboard monitor, have it record your temperature as you play the game. If its hitting pretty high (IE, over 125 F), then it's probably the cause of the problem. If it's not that, it's a little bit more tricky to find the temp on your graphics card. Try the above things, and tell me what you find out.

Bappa 22:55 16 Nov 03

thanks for help guys my operating system is windows XP pro and msi(nvidia) fx5200 128mb

woodchip 22:58 16 Nov 03

Take the side of the comp and see if it makes a difference

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…