Crashing/Blue Screen after Hibernation/Sleep

danpep5552 13:02 28 Feb 10

I had built for me a computer main components were: Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz Sock 8MB L3 Cache, ASUS P7P55D PRO iP55 Sock LGA 1156 8 channel audio ATX Mobo, Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz/PC3-12800 XMS3 Dominator Mem, Asus 8400GS Silent 512MB DDR2, CoolerMaster 600W Silent Pro Modular PSU - 50A Single Rail, Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 CPU Cooler, Win7. I have been getting crashes ( 5 times a day)/blue screens which dump files indicate memory or driver problems I am advised is probably the case. I have narrowed this down to occurring after Hibernation or Sleep. Rebooting the system doesn’t cure the problem. In testing the memory sticks one at a time and the sockets in which they are placed, or interchanging them the problem is solved seemingly until I Hibernate or Sleep again. If I take out/reinstall the RAM again the crashes stop. (3 days and running so far) I had no problems in the first two week s of running. I have taken off all new programmes & drivers since the problem started. Has anyone come across this problem & how was it solved or am I barking up the wrong tree as regards memory/drivers?

gengiscant 14:15 28 Feb 10

I had a similar problem in my new build,I was getting BSODS several times a day,after much investigation I managed to pin it down to memory compatibility.I went to my mobos makers website and checked the QVL.Changed the ram and haven't had a problem since.

I to ran memtest on individual sticks of ram and no problems were shown, it was only when I ran memtest on both the sticks together that errors appeared.

Maybe worth a look.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…