Crashing when I cut and paste.

1936 20:02 31 May 08

My computer has started to crash when I have two documents on the screen and I am cutting and pasting from one to the other. The computer just loses its screen and a momnet or two later it comes back again and I have to open the documents again.
Event viewer shows Event 7000.

brundle 20:34 31 May 08

More info regarding the error. 7000 means Windows failed to find a file or run a program.

Info such as this would help;
"
The ddnt service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the device specified.
Event ID: 7000"

woodchip 20:52 31 May 08

What Program you using MS Office? I would put it down to the Program

1936 21:21 31 May 08

The information that I got from Event viewer:
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 7000
Source: Service Control Manager
Version: 5.0
Symbolic Name: EVENT_SERVICE_START_FAILED
Message: The %1 service failed to start due to the following error:
%2.

Explanation
Service Control Manager (SCM) could not start the specified service, probably because the service is not configured correctly.

User Action
Do one or all of the following:

Review the error information displayed in the message.
Verify that the service password has not expired.
Verify that the service is in the correct location.
Verify that the service is not infected with a virus.
To display the WIN32_EXIT_CODE error that SCM encountered when trying to start the program, at the command prompt, type
sc query service name
The information displayed can help you troubleshoot possible causes for the error.
If the WIN32_EXIT_CODE is zero, then SCM did not attempt to start the service because the error was detected first.

Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: EVENT_SERVICE_START_FAILED
Message: The %1 service failed to start due to the following error:
%2

Explanation
Service Control Manager (SCM) could not start the specified service, probably because the service is not configured correctly.

User Action
Do one or all of the following:

Review the error information displayed in the message.
Verify that the service password has not expired.
Verify that the service is in the correct location.
Verify that the service is not infected with a virus.
To display the WIN32_EXIT_CODE error that SCM encountered when trying to start the program, at the command prompt, type
sc query service name
The information displayed can help you troubleshoot possible causes for the error.

If the WIN32_EXIT_CODE is zero, then SCM did not attempt to start the service because the error was detected first.

I have run Crapcleaner and Registery Booster and I have AVG so I can't see its a virus.

brundle 21:38 31 May 08

Doesn't give much away unfortunately - doesn't even name the service it's failing to start.

Remove and re-install Office (if it only happens in Office).

1936 21:50 31 May 08

The computer first started crashing when I was typing in Word and since then three so called experts have looked at it and all of them uttered those famus words, "Are, I know what it is."
The frist said it was a virus so he ran a virus check.
The second said it was a capacitator on the TV card that was going.
The third said it was word that needed re-installing although maybe it needed formatting.
The last two "experts" were from Tech Guys and another is due on Monday.

brundle 21:56 31 May 08

Hmm..well, if you have the Office CDs and it only happens in Office....does it happen in Excel, does it happen in any other application where you use the clipboard? Even MSPaint will do to test.
Fingers crossed the next chap has more actual knowledge than the last two.

rdave13 21:57 31 May 08

Similar problem in recent thread; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple