Crashing On The Hour

Master Kaii 12:21 22 Oct 07

Ive had this problem for about a month now...
Everytime my clock on my taskbar changes hour [eg 11:59-12:00] My full screen ap will slow down fps to about 3-5, before crashing.
Im running on windows xp proffesional if that helps... i have no idea what to do and im not exactly an expert at computers.
Any suggestions or sullutions please let me know.

brundle 12:22 22 Oct 07

Any backup software running, scanning software etc?
Get a rundown of what's on your system; click here

Master Kaii 12:24 22 Oct 07

Nah i dont have anything else running.
Nothing in the bottom right corner next to the clock, it doesnt make a difference what else is open it still ends up crashing exactly on a new hour.

wee eddie 13:47 22 Oct 07

have you installed that is regularly updated and run?

Master Kaii 10:26 23 Oct 07

I don't have any security really, i just have virus removal programs. But i never really need it because i dont go on anything remotely dodgy

wee eddie 10:57 23 Oct 07

You don't need to go anywhere remotely dodgy to be at risk of picking up Malware of one kind or another.

Get an AV Loaded, Updated and Run. I run AVG which is free, Spybot S&D which is free, and SuperAntiSpyware which is also free. They protect me so long as I update and run them regularly.

wee eddie 11:27 23 Oct 07

Zone Alarm, also free.

Many will argue which of the Freeware is the best, I suppose that it goes in phases, but there is no need to spend a penny.

Your problem does sound like Malware is causing it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…