crashing (graphic drivers?)

david-336850 18:59 28 Feb 03

when i play a game from a disc ie giants.it goes through the intro starts the game and then the monitor goes off comes back on again staight away but the screen is like a badly covered deck chair
and the computer is locked up.
i have tryed other games that run from disc and the same happens.yet games that run from the hard disc seem to be ok.
i am running win 98se ,1.1 cpu,audigy sound card,256 ddr ram,and a geforce 2 verto agp card.
as other people who have a verto fitted it does not have the correct drivers surplyed with the card.you have to go to the nvida web site and down load the latest driver which in this case seem to be 41.09 win9x is this the correct driver for this card.
thanks for any help you can give me. Dave

eccomputers 19:43 28 Feb 03

this may be a openglide problem. Some games use directX to control graphics/sound/joypad etc, all microsoft games definitely do. Many other games are coded to use a different system called openGL. This works differently and requires special files on your system which are normally supplied with your graphics card software. When you download any drivers, make sure it mentions openGL support. If the openGL files are installed but are not for your graphics card you can get all kinds of wierd things happening.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…