Crashing critical updates

newts 13:05 14 Jul 04

Just downloaded 5 critical updates and its crashed my XP home system. Anyone else??

Terry Brown 16:33 14 Jul 04

Go to control panel, add /remove. remove the critital updates.and rebot the system.Try re-instaling one at a time.

newts 18:58 14 Jul 04

Microsoft in reply to reporting crash say it likely to have been due to VCom fix it utilities 5 which I have installed. Have now asked for their comments. Uninstalled & reinstalled updates one at a time, one took the others all caused crashes each time. One OK four to Go!!

SEASHANTY 19:35 14 Jul 04

Don't believe it. I have V-com System Suite 5 installed which includes Utilities plus the firewall and Trend AV. This medion PC downloaded and installed these 5 updates today with no problems.

newts 08:47 15 Jul 04

I have now heard back from VCom and it is a problem with their software. They told me to do the following which has allowed me to install all the updates. If any has the same problem the instruction were:- Subject
Latest critical microsoft downloads caused system to crash

Discussion Thread
Response (V Communications Support) 07/14/2004 02:36 PM
This is a problem with the Intellicluster driver. We are aware of the issue and hope to resolve it in the future. Please try the following:

1) open SystemSuite or Fix-It
2) Go to Settings
3) Global Properties
4) uncheck the Intellicluster setting
5) press OK

Close the application and restart

SEASHANTY 10:16 15 Jul 04

Thanks for the info. Doesn't seem to have affected mine. System Suite usually updates every couple of days so maybe they included the fix with that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…