crashing

vienna1981 19:41 12 May 03

HI, recently whenever I have tried to close a program by clicking ctr+alt+del and clicking end task, my pc crashes! I have no idea why it's started doing this suddenly. It's usually my msn messenger which stops responding. I also noticed, for the first time, that while closing msn messenger, in the list of programs it said unknown>. What could this be? This is the first time I have seen this.

recap 21:06 12 May 03

If you use Ctrl+Alt+Delete more than three times in one go, your PC will reboot it'self.

Do you always use this method to close your programs down?

vienna1981 11:47 13 May 03

no only when programs stop responding, as I can't get into the program options to close it down. I do know that clicking the ctrl+alt+del will reboot my pc if i click it too much, this is not the problem, the problem is that now its crashing my pc when it never used to, therefore i have to reboot my pc by pressing the reset button on my hard-drive tower, i press ctrl+alt+del, click on the program thats stopped responding then click end task and then my pc crashes.

OneSirKnight 12:01 13 May 03

What o/s are you running? Win ME?

vienna1981 12:18 13 May 03

win 98se

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…