Crash.exe, crash.bat, crash.REG, crash.html

Noelg23 08:41 14 Dec 04

Ok here's the scope...I am keeping this one simple...

4 files: Crash.exe, crash.bat, crash.REG and crash.html. my friend had this on their PC, but not sure how long for, but no matter how many times you delete it, it comes back. this only happens when connecting to the internet. their broadband is with AOL. I have installed Zone Alarm, A2, AVG, Ad-Aware but these cant remove it at all. I went into the registry and located the keys but even deleting them didnt work cos after rebooting and going back online it still came back. the files are all located in C:\ so you cant miss them. any help as to how to get rid of these buggers? thanks.

john-232317 09:03 14 Dec 04

Just googled crash.exe

click here

Jeffers22 09:05 14 Dec 04

On the assumption they are nasties - which seems likely, download and install HijackThis on your friend's PC. Make sure you create a folder for it to unzip to in Program Files. Run it, then copy and past the log here. You will probably have to do it in two parts because of the 800 word limit on posts.

Noelg23 09:07 14 Dec 04

thanks I already checked it but it doesnt really help...I need something that will delete for good so I dont have to re-install Win XP.

john-232317 09:08 14 Dec 04

Stinger may help

click here

Noelg23 09:09 14 Dec 04

thansk Jeffers22 I did check last nite and someone did mention Hijackthis, I did it a quick run on my PC and it came up with a list of my registry values (including one I added myself!) but I know there is nothing in there that shouldnt be there so i will copy this to a floppy and find the entry thats causing this...but any other help would be welcome...thanks..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…