Crashed on startup - nothing i can do

AJ28 21:16 09 Oct 04

On my laptop i used 'windows updater' and after some time it had finished and it was complete it asked for a restart so i did this. Then on the startup it says 'please wait' with the windows logo etc, but its crashed here, and the restart button doesnt want to work nothing is happening on it, and as the laptop has no mains power, i cnanot just unplug it?? Any suggestions?

woodchip 21:21 09 Oct 04

press the power button to restart then keep pressing F8 choose last good configuration

AJ28 21:23 09 Oct 04

Thats the problem, the power button is the restart button, and nothing happens when pressed

Valvegrid 21:27 09 Oct 04

Usually you have to push and hold the power button in to switch the computer off, at least that's what I do on mine.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:28 09 Oct 04

remove the laptop battery usually a slid clip onside or base.

AJ28 21:34 09 Oct 04

I removed the battery as you said, thanx for the idea i should of thought of it, working fine now thanx

woodchip 18:44 10 Oct 04

Shut the lid it should go into Hibernate

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…