Crashed PC

pjay45 21:19 PM 17 Jan 12

Hi all could anyone help me with this problem? My system is a self build with Asus P8Z68-V Pro and Intel i5 2500k chip. I installed 6 updates from Microsoft about 7:30 this eveving and my machine has not worked since. It will not boot from hard disc or Win7 CD. Screen is white all the time. I have disconnected HD and I cannot get into the BIOS either. Any thoughts?

northumbria61 09:54 AM 18 Jan 12

Can you get into safe mode (tap f8 on startup) - you may be able to select Last Known Good Configuration

pjay45 10:01 AM 18 Jan 12

Unfortunatly not, when I turn on machine screen is all white and cannot see anything I cannot even get into the bios, which I have reset.

Snrub 10:20 AM 18 Jan 12

You associate problem with windows updates but check all external leads between rear of computer and monitor, unplug and reconnect including power leads, may be bad contact?

Secret-Squirrel 10:31 AM 18 Jan 12

"when I turn on machine screen is all white and cannot see anything I cannot even get into the bios"

A Windows update can't cause those problems, so, for starters, try connecting a different monitor.

pjay45 11:51 AM 18 Jan 12

connected another monitor it worked! am in safe mode restoring to a point before update. Will keep you posted. Thank you.

Secret-Squirrel 12:11 PM 18 Jan 12

"connected another monitor it worked! "

Thanks for the update PJ.

"am in safe mode restoring to a point before update"

Don't go tinkering too much as it's not a Windows problem. It's likely that the monitor's packed in :( You can prove this of course by connecting it to a different PC.

pjay45 12:34 PM 18 Jan 12

Thank you Secret Squirell restored to previous point ok reconnected to original monitor - white out! So must now get a new monitor problem solved! Thank you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11