Crash/Driver error?

muddypaws 13:51 03 Jun 05

Pentium 2.4 Win XP Home SP1
Twice yesterday whilst on FS 2004 and twice this morning whilst on line to an FS Forum it crashed and did a restart.And lastly during a Norton virus scan to-day
After each occasion it stated ' system has recovered from a serios error'
The error report indicates ' driver error' and the following error:
BCCode:24 BCP1:001902FA BCP2:F7C5DA88 BCP3:F7C5D788 BCP4:804F41CC OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:1_0 Product 768_1

Can anyone throw any light on this please as it means little to me!
The only recent things I've done are a couple of aircraft downloads that were virus free and have up-dated Adaware, Spybot, Spysweeper and Norton definitions. All these programmes have been running together for a year or more with no problem. I have done Win doctor on Norton with about 21 errors showing, can't remember what though. Unfortunately I didn't get an error report for previos crashes. Thanks.

muddypaws 19:39 03 Jun 05

Crashed yet again with the same error report.
Have re loaded DirectX9 in case it was that, but 25 mins into a flight the screen went black and had to exit via task manager. Sometimes the screen remains , but freezes and mouse is dead.
Thanks.

andrew-196854 19:50 03 Jun 05

have you updated your driver for your graphic card only a idea?ps why no sp 2

muddypaws 19:55 03 Jun 05

I was just doing that when you rang!
It is up to date.
SP2?- when I finally see that it doesn't cause ANY problem-- I might.

Joe R 19:55 03 Jun 05

muddypaws,

looks like you're not alone with this problem.
A few different fixes are shown here.

click here

andrew-196854 19:58 03 Jun 05

i mean windows service pack 2 why have you not installed it ?

muddypaws 20:19 03 Jun 05

Joe R.
Having a read through, although the error code doesn't quite tally.
I installed Everest Home edition about a week ago, so have just un-installed that. Also did some Win Hot fixes recently. Might un-install the most recent ones.

muddypaws 20:22 03 Jun 05

dibblydufuss. I know you meant Win SP2. One day-- I was hoping that the Product 768_1 at the end of the error code might be relevant to a programme.

muddypaws 20:24 03 Jun 05

Another seizure in FS9 has produced the same error code

andrew-196854 20:49 03 Jun 05

have a read here may help click here

muddypaws 21:12 03 Jun 05

dibblydufuss.
Thanks for that- could be good. I have deleted a couple of Win Hot fixes and that Eversest Home edition that monitors temperature etc although it doesn't run in the background as far as I know.
Just done half hour on FS with no crash. Don't want to speak too soon!!!! Must go and keep wifey company now. Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…