Crash Bang help.....

menorcarob2 12:54 02 Dec 03

yesterday my machine crashed just died, blue screen, memory and all that jazz, spent several hours and eventualy removed battery and hard drive, waited five minutes replaced them and hey presto it powered up, this was after trying every thing possible and all it would say was "no operating system present" even tried the xp1 startup disk procedure, tried to run setup from cdrom, no luck got so far and refused to budge from blue screen, as it is now running i tried to open Outlook 2000 and it said that my personal folders were missing, so i located what i thought was an uptodate outlook.pst file but it was the wrong one i then tried the location that it expected to find the file, but it said that the file was damaged, i have done two system restores and i still get the same error, it says "USE THE INBOX REPAIR TOOL" cannot find that but used my office 2000 cd to repair office,
my OS is windows xp pro, i still have my e-mail addresses in outlook but not my personal folders or my old e-mails, fi i cannot get these back i have big problems to say the least.

thanks in anticipation of a quick solution

menorcarob2 14:41 02 Dec 03

have run sfc /scannow and it found some corrupted dll's, it has fixed those but i still have the same problem. with the error "USE THE INBOX REPAIR TOOL" does anyone know where this can be found.

johnnyrocker 14:44 02 Dec 03

might be a silly question but have you thought of system restore which should get back your files/mails.

johnny.

Socalled 14:46 02 Dec 03
  menorcarob2 12:59 03 Dec 03

have tried everything that MS says and the inbox repair tool only gets to 79% each time. it says scandisk for errors this i have done three times and it did not find any, i have used other .pst files and it scans them fine. i got this message when i tried to import the file "data error (cyclic redundancy check).....

menorcarob2 15:26 03 Dec 03

i have tried to copy the file to my desktop and it get started but then gives a error message cannot continue file damaged, is there some program that i could use to cut the file up and then find some of it with the repair tool.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac