Cracling sound

OWENA 20:31 08 Feb 04

My Videologic system attached to my PC was working beautifully and now whenever I play a cd it is accompanieied by crackle, distortion and hiss.This is despite the age of the CD. Do I need to de static or something of that ilk?

hugh-265156 02:03 09 Feb 04

try reinstalling or update your sound card drivers.

try uninstalling your cd drive via device manager and restart the computer.window will find it again and install the driver for it automatically.

try moving your soundcard to another pci slot(as far away from your graphics card as possible)and one that is not irq shared with another device.

try either enabling or disabling DMA for your drive.if its enabled try PIO if its already using pio then try dma.control panel/system/hardware/device manager/ide ata ataip controllers/secondary ide/right click/properties/advanced settings.

try a driver update for your motherboard chipset.

try lowering hardware acceleration for you graphics card as this can sometimes give this effect with sound.for ati cards control panel/display/settings/advanced/troubleshoot.not sure about path for nvidia cards etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…