Cracked laptop LCD

BenWW 15:59 02 Oct 04

Dropped laptop and screen cracked (unsurprisingly) Its a Time computer. Does anybody repair these things (ie replace the LCD) or am I looking at a new computer?

Diodorus Siculus 16:05 02 Oct 04

Yes, they can be replaced - google will throw up a lot of options within the UK.

In the meantime, you can likely plug in an external monitor (to ensure that nothing else has been damaged).

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:25 02 Oct 04

click here google is your friend.

G

wee eddie 17:59 02 Oct 04

Do not expect a bargain. I was told that it can sometimes be cheaper to buy a new laptop.

david.h 19:02 02 Oct 04

Is it covered by home insurance, they pay for a new laptop. then ask if you can keep the wreck as you may be able to use it plugged into an old crt monitor

BenWW 10:17 03 Oct 04

Thanks for advise everyone. my home insurance covers accidental damage so I'll give them a ring and see what they say.

(I should probably replace all my flooring with cotton wool as well.)

Szwer 15:05 08 Nov 04

is it possible to remove laptop lcd, use the external o/put without the laptop screaming that there is no display?
Thx

Diodorus Siculus 16:00 08 Nov 04

Szwer - not sure; a new posting will get you a more definitive answer. But I think that it should be ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…