Cracked it ! ! ! ! Thanks everyone......

Pita BT 14:51 03 Feb 04

I am referring to my problem with Windows Explorer folder's view amnesia.

See thread entitled Windows Explorer folder views

Well folks. At last success. Looking through the registry I found this key and value. [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer] "NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000001
Thinking about that, I realised that the value was such that No Save was enabled, even though in Folder options Remember each Folder's View Setting was ticked. I assume that this is the value that alters when you tick or untick that option. However, in addition to Deleting the BagMRU and Bags Keys in ShellNoRoam and Shell and setting a BagMRU Size of 8000 for each, I altered the Nosave setting to read as follows.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer] "NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000

Happy to report that all is well now. Those of you who have noted the previous remedies might like to add this item so that if they have the same problem as I have had, curing Explorer Amnesia, they may try this too.

Thanks for all your input folks. It really was appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…