CPU/Case Fan Problem

ACOLYTE 13:17 07 Apr 11

When i shut down the pc at night i have noticed the cpu fan was still going at a slower rate than normal but it keeps going all the time.I then added a case fan to the back of the pc and this is doing the same thing.The psu and graffix card fan both stop when i shut down the pc,i have looked in the bios but cannot find anything to do with shutting down fans,only turning off the warning beep when it gets hot.

I've never heard of this happening before. Forgive me for asking, but are you absolutely certain that you are clicking shut down and not just standby? I use Vista and if I just click the 'power' button on the start menu it only puts my computer into standby and does not shut it down fully.

johndrew 14:28 07 Apr 11

Have a look at these as the 'problem' appears similar

click here

click here

click here

click here especially the last post in this one.

ACOLYTE 16:35 07 Apr 11

Well the pc is only 5 months old and the psu is only 5 weeks old,im running win7 64 bit,and i haven't noticed how long its been doing it,i just heard the fan last night when i shut down the pc,everything turns off except the cpu/case fan,the do slow down but they don't stop completely.I have looked in the power settings,atm i have it on High performance,and in one category,processor power management the sytem cooling policy is set to active?,i dont know what the means or does but could that have anything to do with it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac