CPU working temp

Joeyace 10:55 15 Nov 04

Could some one please tell me what "safe working temp parameters" should be expected on an amd athlon 64 bit 3000 cpu,mounted on an asus K8V SE motherboard? And if there is a site from which I could download some kind of "cpu temperature monitoring program"? Thankyou.

Gongoozler 11:08 15 Nov 04

For monitoring your motherboard I recommend MBM 5 click here. The best temperature for a processor is as low as you can get it - but I think around 50C is a good target, with the worry level around 60C and panic at 70C. I don't have any experience of the Athlon 64, but I can't see any reason for it to be different.

Stuartli 11:29 15 Nov 04

Aida32 includes constantly updating temperature sensor readouts for the motherboard and CPU temperatures from Computer>Sensor.

My PentiumIII 550MHz CPU is currently showing 26 degrees C (79F) for the mobo and 27 degrees C (81F) for the CPU. It also indicates CPU fan speeds.

These figures were about 10 degrees higher until recently, when I discovered that the PSU wiring had lodged close to the CPU's fan after I had closed up the case side panel housing the mobo; the PSU housing hid the problem, which caused the occasional system freeze.

Stuartli 11:31 15 Nov 04

That should read: " My PentiumIII 550MHz CPU system..."

Stuartli 11:38 15 Nov 04

Here's some info:

click here

click here

click here

click here

There are plenty of others but you can play a part with maintaining maximum air flow through the case with the use of case fans, keeping leads and cables out of the air flow etc.

961 13:51 15 Nov 04

If you go to the AMD web site you will find the max temp of the Athlon 64 is 70 degrees

You should be able to find the current temperature of your cpu in the BIOS of your computer or by using SiSoftware Sandra

My current AMD cpu runs at between 40 & 50 degrees but much depends on what else is in the case and how well it is cooled

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…