CPU Usage Not Refreshing

SDJ 11:17 05 Jan 03
  SDJ 11:17 05 Jan 03

I feel this is probably linked to my other post:
click here
but my cpu usage is at about 90%.
Even though my 3d screensaver is not running (came back to computer) it is still in the processes and using about 70%, shouldnt it disappear from the processes once it has been deactivated?

Cheers

MichelleC 15:44 05 Jan 03

What's your total wattage on cpu? It may be time to splash out on a new one. I've just upped mine from 165 to 225.

SDJ 15:59 05 Jan 03

How do I get that MichelleC?
Its a 400W quietpc PSU, but I do have the following hardware:
1ghz Athlon
1gb Sdram
40gb MAxtor
80gb IBM
Voodoo4
Creative 5.1 Platinum soundcard
Hollywood+ Decoder
Pinnacle Studio+ Board
ATA Controller card
DVD Rom
CDRW
Creative LiveDrive
Zip Drive
Orb CPU Cooler
3x80mm Case Fans

All my other peripherals are running off a self powered usb hub.

Cheers MichelleUK

MichelleC 16:07 05 Jan 03

It's on the cpu under 'voltage'. It'll say MAX xxxW. It's this figure that's important. I had to 'up' mine when I added ext hd and dvd rom.

SDJ 16:10 05 Jan 03

Sorry make that a 300w Powerman psu!
Ill have a look at the voltage like you said, but im guessing once you read this you are gonna tell me I need a 400w PSU?

Cheers MichelleUK

brianthesnail 16:11 05 Jan 03

Be careful not to confuse CPU with PSU.

Brian

Carl_booth 16:17 05 Jan 03

All it is is that your update/refresh is paused. Presuming you run 2000 or XP just do Ctrl + Alt + Delete, goto the task manager and select view > update speed > high, it was probably on paused before. ;)

graham 16:56 05 Jan 03

And don't confuse volts with watts!

brianthesnail 17:00 05 Jan 03

I'm not confusing anything. It's them others.;-)

Brian

SDJ 17:39 05 Jan 03

Cheers Brianthesnail but I built this machine and if I got cpu and psu mixed up I would definatley have problems dont you think.

Carl, I tried to speed up the refreshing on task manager and it doesnt make any difference, thanks anyway.

Would a 400w PSU, Thats POWER SUPPLY UNIT, be an idea seeing as I have alot of devices, could this be on of the reasons why my system is unstable?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…