cpu usage - making everthing slow

basherb 12:49 08 Jun 03

when i start up everthing is slow. went to task manager and found cpu usage 100%on realsched.exe i ended the process and the cpu usage dropped to 1-2 % then another process took over(bpsinstall.exe) cpu usage returned to 100% and everthing went slow again i ended this process and all went back to normal- no problem. can anyone tell me what these files? are. and why do they keep returning after i reboot which means i have to go through the whole process again of ending the processes.i am faily new to this so i am not sure if ending these is good or bad.i have winxp home. the funny thing is this problem is not affecting the other account users. thanks for your time.

hugh-265156 12:53 08 Jun 03

realsched is realplayer update i think.i have disabled mine and it works ok.

bpsinstall.exe is click here

VoG™ 12:53 08 Jun 03

realsched.exe is something to do with Real Player

bpinstall.exe is a parasite click here

hugh-265156 12:54 08 Jun 03

spybot should get rid of it click here

hugh-265156 12:55 08 Jun 03

VoG™ 12:57 08 Jun 03

I'm going for a lie down.........

soy 13:01 08 Jun 03

realsched.exe has something to do with realplayer and bpsinstall.exe has something to do with an internet explorer plug-in that is mean't to stop pop-ups and ads click here.

If you want to disable these, go to START> RUN> type in 'msconfig'> Click on the STARTUP tab> and check the relavent startup items you don't want to startup with windows.

I don't know why these programs are using 100% CPU power though, seems strange.

Someone in this forum will be able to help you furthert though.

basherb 13:25 08 Jun 03

thankyou all. i now know what they are and i can now deal with the problem. thanks again.

huggy - hope you have a good rest!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…