CPU usage

flobby 17:27 05 Jan 08

Hi,
My computer is very slow due to something running in the background as the busy symbol is running permanentley so a process is running.stating CPU usage 58%

Can anybody help with this process?

I have looked into processes using task manager and have found 2 sets of BTCPatcher.exe running permanently, using between 2% and 30% usage each.
This causes slow running of programmes.
CAN I Just END the processes or at least one of them, and if so will it or both return when rebooted.
I have done scans using Bullguard antivirus and malware, and CCleaner and Easy Cleaner, which all state my Computer is clear of all bad things.
I am running windows Vista Premium
Thank you

PS. I did look up BTCPatcher in google but it was all in Spanish.
Cheers.

PO79 17:39 05 Jan 08

click here for info, maybe malware or rootkit

birdface 18:51 05 Jan 08

C Cleaner is a registry cleaner and will not look for Virus's or Trojans.I would expect easy cleaner will be the same .You want to download and run Superantispyware or A Squared.And maybe run your scans in safe mode.It might even be better for you to go to the malware Forum.Download hijack this from their and post your problem in the forum.

flobby 08:56 06 Jan 08

Hi PO79, I have used PREVX both in normal and safe mode,But it has not found BTCPatcher as a threat,(Although it states The most common objects with the name of BTCPATCHER.EXE have yet to be classified as safe by our research department.)

Also Buteman, I have downloaded Superantispyware and ran that in both modes as well as Bullguard again to no avaail.
I looked in task manaager when in Safe Mode and BTCPatcher was not running.
Any further assistance would be appreciated
Cheers, Flobby62

birdface 09:51 06 Jan 08

Safest bet will be to go to the Malware Forum.You will have to register and follow their instructions for posting a hijack this log.click here you have to be patient with them as they are usually very busy.But they will get rid of any problems with your computer,The lack of knowledge from Google on the subject makes it hard to find a solution at the moment.Hence the Malware Forum would be the best for removal.

flobby 13:21 06 Jan 08

Hi All,
I had no replies to the malware forum, So took drastic action.
I set a restore point and then went into Safe Mode and searched for BTCPatcher and then deleted it.
I tried to delete it in normal mode but it stated that I did not have permission.
Up to now everything is working as it should (fingers crossed)
Thank you all for looking and replying
Cheers, Flobby62

cocteau48 14:14 06 Jan 08

flobby
If you have done as you say in the order you say then the BTCPatcher may still be in the restore point which you set before going into safe mode.
Best to delete all restore points and create a fresh one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…