CPU usage.

appren 14:41 26 Jun 06

If I monitor my CPU usage I find that whenever I go on line, use MSN Messenger on voice, the CPU reads 100%. I can use voice communication (just) but if I try video its is impossible. Much the same whenever I try using DVD when I get 'jerky' sound. All the above shows 100% CPU usage.I have checked for programs running in the background, none seem to be obvious. Can anyone help?

martjc 14:53 26 Jun 06

...please supply - processor, amount of RAM, Video card (have you the latest drivers). Also, have you the latest version of Messenger? Older ones than 7.5 were a little jerky and generally, a bit iffy to use.

appren 15:10 26 Jun 06

My processor is an AMD K7 type (more detail is not readily available), my RAM is 750Mg, my video is built in to motherboard which is a Matsonic MS8308D/E and my MSN is the latest version. Further to my problem - up until recently all functions were perfect. This is a recent failure.

martjc 08:54 11 Jul 06

...anyone else out there who can answer this???

Stuartli 09:13 11 Jul 06

The Matsonic motherboards support and downloads page is unavailable at present. See:

click here

However, IIRC, these boards have for some time been rebadged PCChips models (both are now Elite Computer Systems brand names).

Specifications details are at:

click here

click here

You may need to update the onboard video drivers, motherboard drivers, Bios etc

rmcqua 09:38 11 Jul 06

...I'm afraid, is 7 year old technology and is hopelessly inadequate for modern computing needs. It probably has a maximum speed of 500MHz. It will be using 100% of its processing power to do just about anything!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…