CPU Usage 100% ALL THE TIME

SDJ 20:54 03 Jan 03
  SDJ 20:54 03 Jan 03

Running Athlon 1ghz 1gb sdram, XP Home, 1x 40gb Maxtor 1 x 80gb IBM Voodoo 4 Graphics.

My machine seems to be running very slow, screensavers slow, opening display settings slow, opening programs slow.

I have IE open to do this thread and no other software, I do have Zonealarm running along with NAV and a few other things in the system tray but they dont effect it much as I have tried closing them down individually and they dont make any difference.

I could really do with some help sorting this out as it has only just started to happen and I cant asttribute it to any new hardware etc.
My temps are 44c cpu and 38 system.

Just out of interest should there be any settings changed as I have 1gb sdram in the bios, that sandra benchmarking utility suggetsed something but I couldnt understand it.

If I go quiet its because the misses is getting me to take the Christmas tree down.

Cheers all

Elrond 21:11 03 Jan 03

Have you installed anything new? If so uninstall it and see if everything works ok again. I had a similar problem and is was cos of summat i downloaded. Post back as soon as the missus has let you off the lead.

cdb 21:27 03 Jan 03

Who's using all your resources according to task manager?

neilpat 21:42 03 Jan 03

are you sure its working correctly?

SDJ 21:43 03 Jan 03

How can I copy and paste the list of processes to show you guys?

SDJ 21:44 03 Jan 03

How would I know if it isnt working?
I dont get any error beeps on booting up.

Elrond 21:44 03 Jan 03

Don't worry bout that just look at the cpu column of the list and identify which process is using a lot of the cpu

Elrond 21:47 03 Jan 03

let us know asap

SDJ 21:49 03 Jan 03

Cheers mate, I recently updated my copy of remote selector and IT seems to be the problem.
Never had eny problems with it before though so prehaps I will have to contact the guy at remoteselector.com or does anyone know anything about this?

Cheers all for your help, much appreciated.
I cant believe I didnt think of that!! My day job leaves me braindead I swear!

Elrond 21:51 03 Jan 03

Glad to help. So everythings back to normal now then?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…