CPU upgrade for an oldtimer PC

TOPCAT® 19:57 02 Jan 03
  TOPCAT® 19:57 02 Jan 03

I want to upgrade my CPU and give my old computer a (cough) boost! :-) Anybody know where I can get a Slot1 800Mhz PIII from please? That's the maximum speed I can have after flashing the Bios.

Please feel free to email me by clicking the green envelope if you personally can help. TIA TC.

Totally-braindead 20:07 02 Jan 03

The only place I can think of is click here have a look and good luck.

graham 20:16 02 Jan 03

The envelope's yellow on my monitor!

AMD 4 ever 20:20 02 Jan 03

or try here:

click here
or
click here

...Green envelope...mines yellow...my damn graphics card!

rev.bem 20:57 02 Jan 03

you could buy an awful lot of mars bars for the same money!

click here

TOPCAT® 21:14 02 Jan 03

Sheeesh! What a price for a new one! Now I know why antiques command a high price.

Nothing wrong with your graphics cards, by the way, I meant to put yellow envelope but it came out green!! :-( TC.

woodchip 21:37 02 Jan 03

You would be better to spend your money on a new motherboard and Athlon XP

siarad 21:53 02 Jan 03

The green of envy showing through? 8-)

Y2K_Phil 22:51 02 Jan 03

I would try a computer fair there are often many secound hand dealers who will either have or be able to get hold of such a proceessor although it will cost a lot and there will normally only be a 90 day warrenty. Although if it works for that long it will probably last a life time but dont quote me on that

Hope this helps Bye for know phil

Taran 00:34 03 Jan 03

I'll have a rummage in my bits bin over the weekend.

I'll be back at the house tomorrow afternoon or evening sometime, but give me the weekend to have a look and see what I do and don't have.

You never know your luck...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…