cpu upgrade best price?

thetobster 12:29 01 Apr 04

hi all , any help you could give will be very welcome,im looking for a 1g duron or upto a 1.2g athlon thunderbird cpu fsb 100 ratio 10 to 12 socket a msi 6340 i currently have a 600 cpu,ps the msi marketing name for my board is k7tm pro,bios ver w6340vms.470 pcb ver 1, also would i need to change fans?? thanks to all that can help paul.....

poogles_uk 13:28 01 Apr 04

You probably would need a new fan, as its quite a jump, check the MSI site to see if it is supported.
Try Ebay for CPU or click here, click here, click here

bananaslik 14:37 01 Apr 04

i run the same msi 6340 mobo in one of my pc's,recently i upgraded the cpu from duron750 to duron 1400 (this is the max these boards will take)anoyed about this as i payes £95 for this mobo 2 years ago(when i was a bit greener)hope this helps at all.

thetobster 17:33 04 Apr 04

hi all, any help would be very welcome, currently i have msi 6340 m/b with 600mhz pro amd duron.fitting an amd 1400 duron pro will my current fan be fine with new cpu/ or will i need a new one? if so which is a good fan with heatsink to replace it with? many thanks to all who helped with last posting your help was most useful thanks .....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…