CPU Temps in BIOS setup

wadham 10:43 11 Feb 04

My BIOS allows me to set the CPU warning temp within the range 50...70c & also the shutdown temp within the range 60...75C but I have no idea what values to select. On startup the CPU temp is usually around 49C & after about 2hrs it is 53C.
Should I bother with all this or just disable?Why I ask this is because recently I am getting faint 4 tone beeps coming from within PC (not from speakers)

keith-236785 10:52 11 Feb 04

I would be having a look at my motherboard manual to see just what this beeping could be, if there are no beep codes in the manual, do a google search for your motherboard beep codes.

best i can do for now, but for others, please can you give a bit more info....Motherboard, proc, graphic card, Windows, anything else that you know about your system might help others to help you.

good luck

Diodorus Siculus 10:52 11 Feb 04

Depends on your processor; those temps are fine for an Athlon.

When do you get the beeps? At startup or randomly or when?

keith-236785 11:03 11 Feb 04

regarding the proc temp, an AMD Athlon is OK up to a maximum 93C (from AMD site), though anything higher than 60 i would worry about. set the maximum to 70 if you want to, it should never reach that....if you have any other proc, goto their website and search for temperature.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…